Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2019

German Lesson (2) - How to Introduce Yourself in German - A1

It looks like we have some similarities in the greetings.



German: Hallo! Ich heiße Janine. Danish: Hej! Mit navn er Janine.  English: Hello! My name is Janine.

German: Ich bin Janine Schmidt.  Danish: Jeg er Janine Schmidt.  English: I am Janine Schmidt.

German: Guten Tag. Mein Name ist...  Danish: Goddag. Mit navn er...  English: Hello. My name is...

German: Und Sie? (formal)  Danish: Og de?  English: And you?

German: Und du? (familiar)  Danish: Og dig?  English: And you?

German: Guten Morgen.  Danish: Godmorgen  English: Good morning.

German: Guten Tag.  Danish: Goddag.  English: Good day.

German: Guten Abend.  Danish: Godaften  English: Good evening.

German: Wie heißen Sie? Danish: Hvad er dit navn?  English: What is your name?

German: Ich komme aus...  Danish: Jeg kommer fra...  English: I come from...

German: Ich wohne in...  Danish: Jeg bor i...  English: I live in...


I think the Danish word og is related to the German word auch. Auch is usually translated also. But also and and mean similar things. Both have to do with adding something.

I see quite a bit of similarities in the German and Danish for good morning, good day and good evening.

The phrase "I come from..." seems pretty similar in all three languages.





No comments:

Post a Comment