Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Enjoying a National Mall 4th

From National Mall and Memorial Parks:




Three Appalachian National Scenic Trail through-hikers made a detour to enjoy a #NationalMall4th. I asked them what they thought about reading the words of Thomas Jefferson at his memorial on this day of celebration:

"I was struck by his views against tyranny, and just that it's important with it being Independence Day that it's all about what this country was founded upon: liberty for people. I think that's really important."
-Jessica, Alabama

"I enjoyed seeing how Thomas Jefferson based his opinions on his belief in God, and how much he mentioned that in his writings. He did not stray from that."
-Bradley, Alabama

"There's this quote I like, 'Adversity builds character,' and I think that can go for an individual as well as a country. The things we go through as a country are what continue to make us the country we are. It's a great place to live."
-Mark, Pennsylvania

#July4th #FindYourPark
 — at Jefferson Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment